Usecase: I want to practice foreign language with native speaker online

Lets test some service for learning English online. I choose https://www.gospeaky.com for this purpose.



Lets write down what do I want?
Main usecases:
1) I want to communicate easily with some foreigners to improve my language level.
2) I want to talk with people who share my interests
3) I want to know how to do it because I have never done it before. I afraid to do something wrong.
4) My language level is not so good. I want to be sure that nobody will mock on me.





The top of the site is heavy enough but it setup friendship and happy mood. There is only button in the center that means - do not spend your time for reading a landing page, sign up!











Here is some information about service. It is small and unattractive. The amount of online users is too small. I prefer to put it in the middle, because it show me - the service is alive.





These three buttons are nor readable. Also I don't know why does user need brands that "believe in us". The end of the page is dangerous point because users decide to leave the page here. If they are not interested or not excited with this page - they will leave. UX designer has to stop them any way. I think promotion video would be very useful here. It is easy to make it attractive in video with nice music and users can change their mind to leave.






Developers decided to grab existed account information from facebook or google+. It is easy and clever but some people don't like to connect their account to unknown web services. So, I would add signup with email.





The service sends email verification to my email.






After sign up there is simply wizard to add information to the account. We set up language we want to practice and our native one.






UX is not very good. For example, I was looking for English language here but it is on the beginning of the list because this list is sorted by popularity not A-Z.








The service gets my picture from my Google account.









There is funny penguin that gives you advice during the first usage of the service.







It shows us step-by-step UI of the service. I  think it is very cool way to introduce users for sophisticated services.




There are so many elements inside the service. I am sure many of them has to be hidden. Also some parts have to be combined in one like this message about 50% profile complete.  The view on HD monitor is not good because element are far one from another.







I decided to accomplish my profile. Here I can select my interests. So I can choose people with similar interest! But I can select only default. I cannot add my favorite music band, I can choose only "Rock music".








The service has a badge system to develop loyalty of customers. I got Premium Profile Badge after I accomplish my profile.









The penguin gave me advice where can I find language friends. So I am going to live chat room. You can see language level, photo and country.








I can choose some native speaker ad write him a message.






If users want to talk with you - you can use private chat for this.





There is also a vidio chat feature. But it works not very good - so users just give each others a Skype, Line or other accounts to talk in voice.









Service is clever. It propose me to share the link when I am loyal customer after many conversations.


Conclusion:

Lets have a look at our usecases:
1) I want to communicate easily with some foreigners to improve my language level.
- It is easy to find language buddy and have a text chat, but Video chat has some technical problems.

2) I want to talk with people who share my interests.
- Yes, I can add my interests and see interests of others. I am sure information about this has to be on the main page to promote service. Disadvantage: I cannot modify my interests.

3) I want to know how to communicate because I have never done it before. I afraid to do something wrong.
- Smart penguin explain me a lot. But I need more information - how to start chat, what I have to ask first etc.

4) My language level is not so good. I want to be sure that nobody will mock on me.
- I didn't find any solution of this usecase.

No comments:

Post a Comment